“Laurie Halverson is a candidate on Governor Hogan’s side, whose community leadership has prepared her well to lead her district with a common sense approach.” Connie Morella (Maryland Congresswoman from 1987 to 2003)
1. Passionate education advocate with numerous accomplishments as a former Maryland Board of Education Member and local and county PTA leader.
2. Nation-wide recognition as an Obama administration "White House Champion of Change" for defending children.
3. Depth of experience as a community leader on a variety of issues for over 15 years.
4. Demonstrated that safety always comes first. Laurie worked with MCPS and the County Council to restore School Resource Officers when they were cut from the budget in the 2011 budget year. She supports fully backing our police force using all legal tools available as they work to eliminate gangs like MS-13.
5. A mom, single parent/widow who understands single parenting, health issues, and financial issues Maryland families face.
6. Positive relationships already built. Laurie knows how to work with community leaders and elected officials to get things done.
7. Proven bi-partisan leader as a problem solver and unifier, stepping in to lead our communities when government and politics are not working well.
8. Trusted by top elected officials. Appointed to positions by Governor Hogan and County Executive Leggett.
9. Experience in the private sector as a senior benefits analyst for a benefits consulting firm and human resources generalist for a Fortune 500 company.
10. Committed to strengthening families through policy changes that improve education, bring jobs, shorten commute times, halt rising health care costs, combat the opioid crisis, and more.